Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Manager Provider Engagement and Outreach
The Provider Engagement Team seeks a Manager, Provider Engagement and Outreach to ensure optimal results in the recruitment, education, servicing and ongoing relationship management with MSHP physicians.This position is accountable to recruit physicians to MSHP and be the subject matter expert, to provide consultation and education to MSHP physician members, by establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with the physician and their practice staff and supporting change management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include developing a comprehensive knowledge of MSHP hospital and physician practices to develop and manage a physician engagement and partnership strategy focused on creating a sense of community and improving MSHP’s market share; and to develop and direct implementation of adequate provider education/training activities for participating providers to assure provider satisfaction and issue resolution.
- Recruit providers for Clinical Integration Network (CIN) participation consistent with MSHP network development strategies and participation standards.
- Ensures operations run according to institutional and departmental policies and in accordance with any government or regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Communicates to CIN providers on issues related to payer contracts, payer policies and procedures.
- Responsible to make scheduled visits to physician offices to engage and communicate with providers in the CIN regarding participation requirements, clinical performance targets, care gaps and patient engagement opportunities, MSHP clinical programs/resources, population health strategies, clinical integration, incentive programs and other topics.
- Assists in the development of presentations to communicate the CIN goals and progress of various initiatives to department leaders and with key external stakeholder groups. Delivers presentations to internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships within and outside of the Health System in order to support CIN initiatives.
- Assists Director in initiatives to maintain up to date competitive information including competitors’ network composition, provider reimbursement and incentive arrangements, medical and utilization management practices, technology and electronic communication methods used by competitors in support of their network providers.
- Engages providers in the CIN regarding value based contract participation and contract details as directed.
- Drives the implementation and ongoing process of provider education and training.
- Simplifies the physicians’ relationship with MSHP while working to identify and address improvement opportunities, executing plans and delivering key messages to physicians and office staff.
- Works with Director regarding provider notifications, communications, provider satisfaction surveys, regular provider panel status verification, provider roster validation, provider claim issue support beyond the Financial Billing department and credentialing issues.
- Implements programs and tactics to improve engagement of employed physicians.
- Partners with internal teams to improve alignment of MSHP brand, communication and engagement across markets.
- Shares appropriate data with CIN providers to demonstrate how MSHP methodology has driven improvements in performance and improved finances, to engage provider support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Business Experience Required, Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in provider recruitment and/or servicing
- Demonstrated ability in implementing strategic initiatives in provider network recruitment and management, provider relations and contracting.
- Experience with integrated healthcare delivery systems is preferred.