Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept - Peritoneal Dialysis - 99th Street
Job Title: Clinical Nurse - Dialysis - Full Time Days - 7:00am-5:30pm
The Clinical Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and significant others.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- Participates in the design, measurement, and assessment of care related structures, processes, and outcomes to improve the quality of patient care.
- Participates in maintaining a safe, therapeutic, and consumer oriented environment.
- Respects and values each patient's unique, individual needs, beliefs, and diversity and incorporates these into planning and delivery of care.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team, the patient, and significant others to plan and implement the patient's care.
- Coordinates discharge planning from the day of admission to day of discharge or transfer to alternate care continuum. Conducts discharge phone calls on selected patients.
- Performs charge responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse license in New York State.
- Prior Hemodialysis experience highly preferred
- BCLS/BLS certification required
- Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk, stand, lift, stoop, push and respond quickly in a variety of situations and for an extended period of time.
Strength Through Diversity