Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Job Summary
The Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) is seeking a Senior Evaluation Manager to expand and implement effective monitoring and evaluation activities that measure the impact of HIV prevention and primary care clinical services and grant-funded programs. The Senior Evaluation Manager will report to the Director of Quality Management and Evaluation and will assist with providing strategic direction for analytics and reporting. This position is a highly collaborative role that will work with the IAM senior leadership team, each of the five clinics within the Institute, the IAM data team, and the IAM’s Grant Programs Division. The Senior Evaluation Manager oversees the development of monitoring systems and generation of reports including but not limited to HIV/AIDS care and prevention services and outcomes, population health management outcomes, and other relevant ambulatory and evidence-based improvement measures. The Senior Evaluation Manager will develop effective and timely reports for stakeholders at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists Director of Quality and Evaluation in setting strategic plan for quality and evaluation reporting and analytics.
• Acts as key data manager for all quality improvement, monitoring, and evaluation activities within IAM, functioning as a senior analyst and master report writer.
• Develops and maintains a monitoring and evaluation timeline and workplan for all analyses and reporting activities planned for the calendar year.
• Collaborates with clinical leadership teams and Senior Quality Improvement Manager, to plan and design quality improvement performance data and reporting, with a focus on population health management reporting and analytics.
• Collaborates with Director of Quality and Evaluation and IAM Grant Programs Division leadership and staff in the design and execution of M&E plans, activities, data collection tools (e.g. patient surveys), and analysis plans. Supports grant staff in annual updates to M&E plans.
• Works with grant staff and IAM Data Team in developing effective monitoring systems, including patient level and aggregate monitoring reports that will ensure progress/achievement of grant goals and objectives.
• Extracts data from and maintains a detailed knowledge and currency of core systems such as Epic Clarity and registration systems (eIDX, Cerner, etc.), and HIV-related grant program reporting systems such as eSHARE and AIRS.
• Conducts analyses related to outcomes/impact evaluation on a bi-annual/annual basis.
• Provides custom reports and presentations accompanied by strong data visualization to senior leadership at IAM and w/in the health system.
• Participates as lead resource in internal and external meetings to help explain data trends for both grant programs and IAM services.
• Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use monitoring reports, patient trackers, and/or database systems.
• Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities and various Committees, including the quarterly IAM QI Committee meeting and quarterly monitoring meetings for each grant program.
• Assists with design, development, and management of care management and reporting tools based in Epic EMR, mainly tools that facilitate effective population health management strategies and monitoring.
• Writes and prepares manuscripts, reports, and other materials and disseminates through professional journals, conferences, and internal/external meetings.
• Uses best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data and the quality of data processes, and documents all data sources and extraction procedures.
• Identifies learning strengths and needs and utilizes learning resources.
• Database development, implementation, and management may also be required of this position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in public health, data science, biostatistics, or related field