Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The CRC will work at the Mount Sinai site of a multi-site study to implement an evidence-based diabetes prevention pragmatic trial for high risk individuals of Caribbean- descent with pre-diabetes to reduce the incidence of diabetes.
We seek a part-time bilingual (English and Spanish speaking) research assistant to carry out the assigned activity and duties which include, but are not limited to those detailed below:
The CRC will recruit and consent participants for the LIME intervention, conduct all study follow up, collect study data, and oversee intervention workshops. Other duties are listed below.
- Review data queries for accuracy
- Reach out to potential participants through mailings, phone calls, and at recruitment events Obtain informed consent
- Complete the intake form
- Perform hemoglobin A1c finger sticks and clinical assessments
- Enter all data into REDCap
- Determine if participant is eligible for the study
- Administer the baseline and follow up surveys
- Schedule workshops and coordinate and assign workshop leaders
- Track participants who need to come in for workshops, and follow up appointments (every 6 months); call participants to remind them of upcoming visits
- Conduct weekly workshops
- Recruit and oversee interns who will assist the RA in recruitment, data collection, and workshop delivery
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field.
- 2 years of clinical research
- Experience with community-based recruitment and retention
- Fluent in Spanish
- Interest in diabetes prevention and community health
- Flexible schedule**
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.