Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Cardiology Practice - E 85th Street - 8:30am-4:30pm, 9:00am-5:00pm
Job Title: Echocardiography Specialist
Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature. Maintains a high level of professional expertise to obtain consistent and accurate diagnostic information.
- Performs echocardiograms and exercise stress tests of a non-invasive nature in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Provides expert assessment, evaluation and prepares preliminary interpretation for attending cardiologist’s review. Applies knowledge of anatomy, physiology, positioning and imaging techniques to optimize the quality of ultrasound images.
- Provides preliminary diagnostic evaluation and makes preliminary measurements and calculations on data obtained in doing echocardiograms. Notifies cardiologists of results of examinations.
- Consults with cardiologist to establish requirements for non-standard examinations and determines technical factors to satisfy requirements.
- Maintains day-to-day patient and study logs, equipment maintenance, data acquisition, and records statistical data (procedure volumes/interpretation volumes).
- Obtains/maintains and runs the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program in accordance with ICAEL (Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories) standards of accreditation.
- Manages quality assurance protocols in conjunction with ICAEL standards including managing correlation data for patients who have undergone transthoracic echocardiograms and other diagnostic procedures, such as cardiac catheterization and nuclear stress tests.
- Maintains records of cardiologist Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Reviews test results with physicians, and maintains appropriate documentation.
- Maintains echocardiographic equipment and scan rooms.
- Assists in maintenance of supply inventory and requests all necessary supplies for test area.
- Oversees nuclear stress tests to make sure proper technique/guidelines are followed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree required from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Professionals (CAAHEP).
- 2-5 years of echocardiography experience preferred.
- BCLS/BLS certification required.
- RDCS Certification (Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer) issued by the ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Required OR Certification from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Exercise Test Technologist issued by the American College of Sports Medicine preferred