Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- 015 Tisch Cancer Institute REQ #2472618
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I
A Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) I position is currently available in the Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) within the Tisch Cancer Institute. Duties will include activities such as, but no limited to, data collection, obtaining informed consent, and maintaining and organizing study information.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer. Our Cancer Clinical Trials Office (CCTO) provides the infrastructure and resources required to support patient-based cancer research. Under direct supervision, the Clinical Research Coordinator I will assist in the daily activities of clinical research studies.
- Collects and records study data; inputs all information into database.
- Under direct supervision of the Principle Investigator(s), obtains informed consent and educates participants regarding study requirements.
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, and administering lifestyle questionnaires.
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures; helps to ensure accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
- Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
- Responsible for organizing and preparing for monitoring visits.
- Assists with coordination and management of clinical trials including communication with Sponsors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in Science or closely related field preferred.
- Experience in a hospital or academic (research) environment preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy