Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
1. Develops and implements a collaborative practice agreement in the specific clinical area and performs a periodic review of the collaborative agreement.
2. Assesses the health status of patients/families by means of comprehensive health history and physical examination.
3. Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultations and laboratory examination, prescribes and alters medication regimens, interprets findings and alters plan of care according to collaborative practice agreement and protocols in designated area.
4. Provides teaching and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, disease prevention, and management of acute/chronic illnesses.
5. Documents findings and plan of care in the patient's medical record.
6. Consults with physician as established in the collaborative practice agreement.
7. Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care.
8. Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to acute/primary health care delivery.
9. Performs a patient record review with the collaborating physician in a timely fashion but not less than every three months
10. Supports the mission, vision, philosophy and goals of the Department of Nursing and the Medical Center.
11. Demonstrates accountability for own nursing practice.
12. Advocates for patients/families and supports patients' rights.
13. Considers ethical issues of professional nursing practice and adheres to the code of ethics.
14. Demonstrates a humanistic, kind, and caring attitude in the delivery of health care.
15. Serves as a resource person to nurses and other health team members.
16. Participates in peer review.
17. Incorporates research findings in clinical practice.
18. Participates in approved nursing and medical research studies.
19. Keeps knowledge current by self directed learning, literature review and attendance at educational programs.
20. Participates in defining, maintaining, and interpreting standards of nursing practice.
21. Contributes to the maintenance of a positive image of advanced practice nursing in the medical center and in the local community by implementing programs which recognize nursing as a profession.
22. Participates in departmental and interdisciplinary committees which influence and/or determine policies affecting nursing practice and patient care delivery.
23. Seeks opportunities to enhance professional nursing practice and influences outcomes.
24. Treats co-workers, patients and families with dignity and respect.
25. Is open and responsive to the diverse backgrounds and experience of other people, and promotes an environment that is sensitive to cultural diversity.
Master's degree program designed to prepare a registered nurse to provide
acute/primary health care services or the successful completion of an approved
supplemental education program, i.e., post-Masters NP certificate.
Experience: Previous progressive experience relevant to the area of clinical practice.
Professional certification by relevant professional organization preferred.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
The Mount Sinai Health Network is comprised of hundreds of clinical and academic relationships throughout the greater New York metropolitan area and Florida.
With four locations, Mount Sinai Doctors New York in Palm Beach, Florida are dedicated to combining leading-edge health care with personalized attention. With specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, pulmonology, dermatology, and primary care. Our practices are pleased to offer a wide range of coordinated medical services under one roof. We are part of the Mount Sinai Health System in New York.
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.