Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Business Coordinator performs basic clerical, administrative and general office duties involving typing, record and file maintenance, document creation, mail distribution, and telephone reception.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and /or visitors, answering routine questions and furnishing information as needed
- Responds to routine requests for information and refers more complex requests to appropriate staff members
- Maintains office files and records in accordance with internal procedures
- May type or compose routine letters and memoranda from specific instructions
- Assembles relevant data and compiles information as directed
- Receives, classifies, consolidates, and/or summarizes documents and information. Maintains records of documents processed and controls to assure completion
- Compiles and issues various regular reports in accordance with standard operating procedures
- May perform miscellaneous errands such as picking up supplies, or delivering messages/reports
- May be responsible basic accounting functions within the department such as tracking fund transfers, deposits and credit payments
- May open and distributes mail
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS/GED required
- 2 years related experience
- Computer and General Skills: MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail is required
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.