Per Diem Nurse Practitioner – Cardiac EP Lab
Locations: New York, New York
Categories: Nursing - Advanced Practice
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System
Department of Electrophysiological Studies - 2474846
Ensures delivery of comprehensive health care in accordance with the philosophy, standard of practice, objectives and policies of the department
- Responsible for diagnosis and treatment of common and chronic illness focusing on health promotion and disease prevention activities including patient education and counseling
- Conducts health assessment interview
- Performs complete physical assessment
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests
- Develops plan of care based on the diagnosis and individual client needs
- Prescribes medications and treatments as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the health care team and makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated
- Records, reports and interprets the client’s responses to the plan of care
- Teaches, counsels, and assists individuals and families to assume responsibility for prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Collaborates with other members of the team in the provision of regular health screening and other health promotion measures
- Identifies available community resources helpful to clients, refers and assists clients in utilizing such resources
- Makes home/hospital visits to clients and/or takes call as appropriate
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned area
- Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree in Nursing required. Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- NY State RN and NP required
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- At least two years of nursing experience in related clinical specialty.
- Nurse Practitioner experience of a least one year preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.