Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
This individual is responsible for providing technical assistance and guidance in the preparation, submission, processing, and management of research grants and contract proposals, awards, and agreements for researchers within the institution/ department. Also, assures that the administration of sponsored programs related to research is in compliance with federal, state and private agency rules and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Pro-actively manage the entire pre-award process for the department
- Serves as departmental point of contact and knowledge resource on grant proposal matters
- Work with Principal Investigators (PI) on grant applications and contracts to NIH, NYS, NYC, foundations, industry, and other federal agencies to ensure timeliness, accuracy, and compliance
- Review request for proposals ensuring applications are within the guidelines of the specific application as well as the sponsor policy and procedures
- Prepare and submit completed application packages to the Grants and Contracts office by established deadlines
- Assist the PI in the budget development process according to sponsor and institution guidelines
- Gather and review sub-award document for accuracy and compliance; outgoing and incoming
- Assist with completing annual Research Performance Progress Report (RPPR) for federal awards as well as annual reports to foundations and industry sponsors
- Pro-actively prepare and submit all annual continuation to the Grants & Contracts office
- Responsible for revising/maintaining faculty biosketches and Other Support documents
- Monitor the application process through the routing process from inception to submission
- Managing the Just-In-Time process
- Maintain a comprehensive list of submitted applications to all sponsors
- Other pre-award responsibilities including performing other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in sciences or related field
- Experience: 3 years of pre-award experience preferably in a higher education environment
- Pro-active and detailed oriented, knowledge of Federal policies such as Uniform Guidance and NIH Grants Policy Statement
- Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent oral and written skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.