Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Programmer Analyst IV performs web and front end development, programming, supervises, assists, directs and checks the work of others. This position is to lead the development and maintenance of the Children’s Health Exposure Analysis Resource (CHEAR) data center website and its integration with HADatAc. CHEAR’s goal is to expand the inclusion of environmental exposures in research. This position will work closely with environmental epidemiologists and other stakeholders nationwide, IT team members and the originators of HADatAc at RPI.
- Performs highly technical software programming for web and front end development. Designs, develops and deploys software to integrate and ingest data uploaded to the CHEAR website into HADatAc. Assist with ontology and faceted search tools and their integration into the CHEAR website.
- Supervises, assists, directs and checks the work of other software programmers.
- Assists in scheduling software programming projects.
- Assumes the responsibility for coordinating the activities of software programming with the other sections including central IT, developers at RPI .
- Assists the CHEAR PIs and leaders in determining functionality requirements, designs systems to meet these hardware and software requirements, interfaces with clients at Sinai and nationally to determine system problems and resolutions. Provides technical advice and options for future planning. Provides highly responsive customer service for CHEAR.
- Keeps abreast of hardware and software developments, including theory and technique.
- Develops software in accordance with best practices. Performs testing and validation.
- May perform management functions in the absence of the manager.
- May act as a project manager for CHEAR development.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, an advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledge of several high level languages and Assembler language is required.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment and management skills and considerable aptitude in human relations. Knowledge of statistics and other computer application areas is most helpful.