Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Responsible for providing leadership, direction, management, and administration of departmental operations and services to ensure accomplishment of objectives under the direction of the President of the Hospital
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates all administrative functions and activities and inservices including practice standards and operational policies and procedures, in accordance with standards established by institutional, governmental and other regulatory bodies.
- Contributes to the development of division's mission, goals, policies and procedures, budget, work standards in coordination with the Senior Director of Nursing and the direction of the President. Assists the President in marketing initiatives.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development, and management of employees. Responsible for personnel policies and practices. Provides oversight of the performance appraisal process, disciplinary action, and interactions with all applicable bargaining units. Attends administrative labor grievances as requested.
- Ensures the development and delivery of required staff training using a competency-based assessment program. Evaluate and develop staff based on job-specific competencies. Evaluates how staff resources are allocated to support business activities and revenue cycle initiatives.
- Coordinates with senior management on monitoring clinical activities to ensure cost-effective, high-quality health care for patients consistent with the mission and resources of the hospital.
- Graduate degree in Business or Healthcare Administration.
- Minimum of five -seven years of experience in health administration including three years’ experience in a clinic environment.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.