Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Director, Call Center Operations is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all Call Center Operations across the Mount Sinai Health Network. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the patient experience. Tactical emphasis will be focused on patient care, putting the patient first, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training staff. The Director, Call Center Operations is responsible for the following performance metrics, including but not limited to: call efficiency, low abandonment rate, staffing ratios, acceptable turnover, financial expense monitoring, service levels, and average time to answer. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs that enhance employee engagement, service skills, knowledge base and morale.
The Director’s success will be measured by the Call Center’s ability to provide high quality of patient and provider satisfaction while meeting the service level, call performance metrics and utilization of resources set forth by management. A successful Director is continually engaged in leading and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every call for maximum patient satisfaction.
- Responsible for development and adherence of annual department budget to attain the goals of the department.
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes strategic innovation, performance reporting and human capital development.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective internal and external quality assurance programs, policies and procedures fostering continuous improvement and exceeding service levels.
- Manage daily operations of Call Center services, including creating and implementing schedules, tracking and reporting systems, managing work assignments and identifying and resolving issues.
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards and supervision.
- Coordinate analytic, strategic and technical resources to meet client expectations and insure satisfaction
- Manage and expand client relationships
- Collaborate with senior leadership, practice administrative and physician leadership to develop short term and long-term plans. Serve as the primary point of contact for interdepartmental communications in order to maintain standards, implement improvements, measure success and meet business objectives.
- Assist in the development and management of systems to ensure a high level of clinical integration by identifying resources and processes to manage care within the system.
- Participation in Network and System committees and initiatives
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- MBA/MPH or other advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience in managing Call Center metrics, ensuring patient satisfaction and reporting statistical performance levels to management
- Minimum of 5 Years of Call Center/Contact Center management experience
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with the ability to manage group and interpersonal conflict situations
- Microsoft Word- Intermediate
- Microsoft Excel- Advanced
- Salesforce or other Call Center management software
- Excellent written, oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated financial management skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.