Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Communications and Marketing Manager with the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences and the Icahn Institute for Data Science and Genomic Technology, you will have a direct role in the growth and positioning of the Institute and the Department on a global scale. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications you will support the design and implementation of a communications strategy to enhance opportunities and increase visibility for the Department and Institute.
You have leadership experience and will perform a broad range of tasks in support of the Institute and Department’s strategic objectives including content development, campaign development, internal and external relations, media relations, event coordination, and administrative support. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer and an analytical thinker with an ambitious, collaborative spirit and passion for outreach and audience engagement.
- Assists the Director in the design, implementation and management of communications and marketing efforts for the Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences and the Icahn Institute for Data Science and Genomic Technology
- Assists the Director in developing long-term and short-term communications and marketing objectives, strategies and production timelines
- Evaluates and analyzes existing strategies and creates new strategies to support business objectives
- Oversees the development of printed material, press releases, and digital media.
- Works with Senior Leadership to identify and develop potential news stories.
- Works with Senior Leadership to identify and develop strategy to increase exposure of Department and Institute work, programs, and medical practice.
- Adheres to Corporate Marketing procedures and style guides and may develop standardized internal policies and procedures.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads content as needed.
- Develops layouts and designs, working with vendors and internal services to publish, print and distribute materials.
- Oversees the review of all purchase orders, contract terms and conditions, pricing and proposal preparation and submission. Oversees the administration of contracts in accordance with the institution's procurement regulations and policies to ensure compliance.
- Performs staff management functions including, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary action.
- Performs other duties as required
- Master's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field or combination of equivalent education and experience
- 8 years communications and/or marketing experience including 2 years of management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.