Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs plant related mechanical equipment including: air, vacuum, steam and water systems, emergency power systems, and interfacing with Building Management Systems
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs all plant related equipment to ensure acceptable operating parameters
- Ensures emergency generators are kept clean and orderly
- Performs monthly load testing on emergency generators
- Guarantee the proper operation and maintenance of heating, cooling, ventilation, vacuum, air, power generation and any other auxiliary equipment
- Interpret various plant meters and gauges and takes appropriate action to ensure the safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Prepares all necessary reports required to communicate the status of plant and work performed. Including shutdown reports, safety reports, excreta
- Sustain daily entries and updates in an operating log book
- Maintains log sheets of all operating equipment
- Ensures all repair and/or replacement of broken or worn parts, valves, meters, levels, etcetera are performed in a timely manner
- Examines, reports and maintains proper level of consumable supplies used
- Monitors Building Management System and makes changes to the system as required
- Takes samples of various systems and adjusts chemistry as required
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with contractors performing work on plant related equipment
- Performs other related duties.
High School Diploma/ GED
Must have 3-years’ experience as a journeyman in Mechanical or Electrical Field.
Must be proficient with all hand and power tools required as well as basic electrical testing with Volt-Ohm Meters, Amprobes, etc.
Must have or be able to obtain within 90 days of appointment both C of F G-17 and P-98issued by the NYCFD
Proficient at all Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Etc. Able to learn and Utilize BMS Control Systems
Such as Siemens Apogee and Johnson Metasys Systems
Licensing and Certification Requirements:
FDNY Refrigeration License
Microsoft Office - Intermediate
General Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent written and oral communications
- High Degree of Customer Service Skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.