Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Per Diem Ultrasound Technologist performs or assists in ultrasound examinations, renders technical assistance to the Radiologist, and maintains and cares for all ultrasound equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. 1. Prepares and examines all patients for ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques.
2. 2. Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, takes safety precautions necessary to protect patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards.
3. 3. Sets up, operates, cleans and makes minor adjustments to ultrasound equipment.
4. 4. Ensures adequate supplies are available for use.
5. 5. Assists in the orientation and mentor new Ultrasound personnel.
6. 6. Captures images onto PACS and transfers to physicians’ work stations.
7. 7. Answers telephones, schedules examinations and may initiate transportation.
8. 8. Performs other duties as required.
High School graduate and registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
0- 2 years of experience as Ultrasound Technologist
Knowledge of office and administrative practices
Skill in use of personal computers and software
Ability to problem solve and make decisions
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion