Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Researcher is an entry laboratory
research position, responsible for conduct of routine and assisting in routine
and standardized experiments using techniques specific to the assigned research
project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or a senior
researcher. This individual typically conducts laboratory research and the
position may include lab and clerical support. S/he analyzes and assists in
interpreting research outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the lab including placing lab orders, coordinating collaborations with other institutions, overseeing lab safety and filing necessary documentation, coordinating maintenance of equipment and lab space, and generally maintaining an organized lab
- Maintain many of the labs transgenic lines, particularly those related to a highly exciting project investigating a novel therapeutic approach to the treatment of epilepsy
- Responsible for carrying out perinatal intracranial surgeries related to this project and characterizing the efficacy of the treatment using RT-qPCR, Western blot, immunofluorescence, and behavioral analyses
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: BA or BS in Biology, Biochemistry, or Neuroscience
- Experience: 2 years prior lab experience required
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.