Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The (Per Diem) Esthetician consults with Center for Transgender Medicine & Surgery (CTTMS) providers to determine goals of treatment for specific patients with an emphasis on pre-operative hair removal for patients undergoing gender confirming genital reconstruction surgeries. The PD Esthetician ensures treatments start and end on time, ensures work areas are clean and tidy, will keep equipment sanitized and linens clean at all times, and treats patients in a courteous and empathetic manner. This individual is empathetic, caring and professional, and has the ability to make others feel good about themselves.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Providing laser hair removal services to CTMS patients interested in gender affirming surgery (GAS).
2. Adhering to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring time schedule.
3. Welcoming patients in a warm, friendly manner, accompanying them to and from treatment rooms, and thanking them sincerely on departure.
4. Interviewing patients to obtain information about contraindications, and examining skin to evaluate suitability of treatments.
5. Advising patients on skin care, and recommending suitable treatments and home care regimens.
6. Adhering to esthetics policies pertaining to chemical usage, and cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance of equipment with a focus on laser hair removal equipment.
7. Caring for linens and replacing them between sessions
Completion of an approved Esthetician certificate course from an approved school, with New York State licensure as Esthetician
• 3+ years’ industry experience.
• Proficient in performing all applicable treatments.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outstanding people skills and warm, friendly manner.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.