Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under limited supervision, conducts experiments using advanced techniques specific to the research project. Analyzes and assists in interpreting moderately complex results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct a variety of routine and some non-routine laboratory experiments and assignments with very general supervision of the analytical chemist
- Prepare and analyze biological samples for trace metal analysis
- Carry out QA/QC protocols
- Follow proper biological and chemical handling safety procedures
- Assist with method development
- Operates tests and calibrate analytical instruments (ICP-MS, DMA, UltraWave, LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS), equipment and related components, which may be extremely delicate and sensitive: makes adjustments and resolve problems
- Implement laboratory safety practice and monitor all the lab users follow safety precautions. Take appropriate action when needed. Maintain up to date MSDS folder and laboratory safety training folder for all users. Annually update the chemical inventory. Maintain valid supply of all safety equipment and chemicals and spill kits
- Proper maintenance of equipment and supplies in timely manner
- Proper maintenance of files and records including Sample-tracking system, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
- Follow EPA guidelines for waste management and chemical storage
- Serves as a resource to all lab users, works with principle investigators. Participate in discussions of research protocols and objectives
- Help to set up the lab for new instruments, get trained with new equipment, write instrument usage protocols and train users for usage of new instruments
- Assist PI in budget-related matters
- Bachelor's Degree in sciences or related field.
- 2 years in a research environment or 1 year plus Master's Degree in sciences or related field
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.