Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Research Program Director is responsible for administrative, operational and business oversight of research projects within a department or division. Collaborates with and oversees Principal Investigators (P.I.) in review of grants, preparing and negotiating clinical trials care delivery, patient eligibility, project oversight, budgets, staffing and related human resources activity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with members of the health care team, and other academic groups, in program development, consultation, and the planning and delivery of optimal unit operations
- Establishes goals and objectives for all ongoing research projects, consistent with Mount Sinai Health System policies as well as Federal, State and local regulations
- Responsible for driving the preparation of grants and IRB paperwork, financial activity and contracts
- Facilitates timely and responsive communication and proactive responsible decision making
- May arrange for the availability of human and material resources to facilitate positive outcomes for ongoing research projects
- Participates in the development and implementation of ongoing quality improvement activities as per policies and protocols
- May participate in the identification and response to potential and actual risk management issues
- Responsible for human resources, includes of recruitment, hiring, evaluating, retention, discipline and termination
- Develops and maintains systems which support efficient and effective functioning of designated clinical areas
- Performs other related duties
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, Masters strongly preferred, in sciences or related degree
- Experience:7 years of experience in a hospital/medical environment, 3 years supervisory
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.