Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Epic - Req #2486546
Epic Report Analyst III
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Report Analyst III is responsible for the development and modification of reports. This individual requires the ability to work independently in completing reporting tasks and lead initiatives to improve the reporting capabilities of the system. A solid understanding of the clinical workflows and systems, as well as a core competency in the use of Crystal Reports and full lifecycle data management is required. Develops, modifies and troubleshoots reports on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify, analyze, and implement the reporting process workflows, and ensuring that end-users obtain the reports they need.
2. Work with management and other clients to ascertain the types of data required, how to obtain and present the data for meaningful analyses.
3. Develop report specifications based on user requirements.
4. Ensures quality and accurate development of reports based on knowledge of the system
5. Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
6. Establishes standards around report development to ensure consistency across implementations.
7. Prioritizes and implements changes requested for developed reports .
8. Thoroughly reviews and tests each new release and communicate changes before users are permitted to access the new release.
9. Demonstrates expert knowledge of the system and provide guidance to other staff in analyzing issues and the development of potential solutions.
10. Acts as a point of escalation for complex multi system issues.
11. Ensure that appropriate documentation is in place for all reports.
12. Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process
13. Able to organize and lead work for other team members to achieve success.
14. Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience, including report writing and analysis
- Epic Clarity Certification preferred
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports and other Report Writer software. Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Team player who will help create a positive team environment
- Possess self awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance
- Knowledge of client/server architecture
- Knowledge of relational databases
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.