Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Req # 2486756
IT Project Manager I
Roles & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager I is responsible for managing, directing and planning one, but occasionally more than one, complex project consisting of one or more project teams. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, and maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT. Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
The following are the primary job responsibilities of the Change Management Senior Specialist.
- Manage and execute Change Management and Communication efforts for small- to medium-sized initiatives and projects.
- Track, communicate and manage risks and issues related to Change Management efforts.
- Collaborate with Change Management Practice colleagues to develop Change Management and Communication materials supporting PMO projects.
- Collaborate with project team members.
- Develop and deliver education and training on Change Management methodology and related topics.
- Understand Change Management tools and methodology and how to use them to support colleagues and stakeholders.
- Assist in creating templates, tools, and materials to enhance the Change Management document repository.
- Coordinate meeting logistics; organize communication events and forums.
- Adhere to the PMO standards and templates related to project management and change management.
- Demonstrate professional behavior with interacting with clients and co-workers.
- Perform other related duties.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 5+ years of related experience as a project team member of which at least 3 years have been in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Able to manage projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Requires strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and client departments.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.