Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Mount Sinai Health System is currently seeking a full-time VNG/Autonomic Clinical Lab Technician to join a thriving multi-specialty, ambulatory program at our Manhattan location. Working collaboratively with top primary care and specialist colleagues, this position will benefit from the resources of the Mount Sinai Health System and Icahn School of Medicine. The ideal candidate will play an instrumental role in ensuring excellent patient care, quality outcomes, and satisfaction. Under the supervision of the physician Director of the Neuro-Otology division and the Director of the Autonomic Testing lab, the incumbent is responsible for the preparation of patients, collection of information pertinent to the tests, performance of autonomic tests, and performance of Vestibular Function Testing studies.
- Explains procedure and prepares patients for testing
- Obtains relevant information and a patient history from the patient, patient's chart or referring physician
- Assist physician with the performance of VNG studies
- Participates in the teaching of the residents and fellows
- Ability to recognize and eliminate electrical interference
- Responsible for performing Autonomic testing under indirect supervision of a physician
- Keeps equipment clean and in good operating condition, detects instrument malfunction and notifies manager of problems
- Plays a role in general flow and operation of the VNG and autonomic testing Lab including rooming, paperwork and patient follow up (billing, logging, patient files)
- Performs other duties as requested by senior management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred Experience in the performance of Vestibular Function Testing and/or autonomic testing studies
- Six months’ experience, including clinical work
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to interface with physicians, patients and staff
- Must be CPR BLS certified
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.