Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- A Postdoctoral Fellow position is currently available in the laboratory of Dr. Samir Parekh within the Tisch Cancer Institute, division of Hematology/Medical Oncology. The Postdoctoral Fellow independently conducts research experiments using advanced techniques, analyzes and interprets highly complex results, and reviews and presents data for publication or presentation.
The candidate will perform highly skilled molecular biology experiments involving modeling of human cancer in the mouse, sample processing for next-generation sequencing and data analysis for drug development for an oncology lab. The work involves the standard molecular biology techniques such as qPCR, cell culture and western blotting as multi-parameter flow-cytometry. It will involve teaching and supervision of trainees rotating through the lab in their experiments. In addition, the candidate will prepare figures for manuscripts and grants and present findings at lab meetings.
The Tisch Cancer Institute is a vital component of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital and plays a key role in the Mount Sinai Health System, which is one of the largest health care systems in the nation. We are a National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated center and provide a multidisciplinary approach to cancer treatments and clinical breakthroughs that may one day put an end to cancer.
1.Conducts a variety of research experiments using advanced research techniques.
2. Coordinates project activities to meet deadlines.
3. Collaborates with the Principal Investigator in the development of new experiments and research techniques.
4. Assists in the implementation of standardized protocols for experiments and training purposes.
5. Assists the Principal Investigator with publications by extracting and compiling data; reviewing and editing articles for publication.
6. Mentors and trains less experienced research staff and graduate students.
7. Ensures compliance with safety and regulatory requirements.
• PhD or Doctoral Degree in cell biology or related field.
• 5 years in a research environment
Skills and abilities;
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of molecular biology concepts, sample processing for genomics analysis and transgenic mouse concepts.