Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Supply Chain - Req. 2489088
Title: Data Analyst
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Data Analyst I is responsible for implementing best information technology data management practices in an effort to improve and ensure quality, streamline data cleaning efforts and deliver analyzable databases within agreed upon project timelines.
· Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data.
· Assists in the development of data management plans and guidelines that will deliver accurate, timelines consistent with quality data. Assures the quality control compliance process.
· Identifies and implements solutions to data management issues and concerns that arise during the conduct of research studies.
· Assists staff with technical issues related to electronic and remote record keeping systems; trains staff to help improve quality of data collected.
· Assists medical students, interns, residents and/or program faculty with queries and generating statistical analyses.
· Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management.
· May write and prepare manuscripts and other materials for internal and external audiences.
· Performs other related duties.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred.
· 2-3 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.