Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under minimal supervision, coordinates the clinical assessments of the study subjects; analyzes and assists in interpreting moderately complex clinical research data. Prepares grant applications and documents and assists in protocol submissions (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes moderately complex clinical research data; Assists in interpreting clinical research data
- Coordinates the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening and evaluation of the study subjects
- Prepares and ensures grant applications, IRB/GCO documents are submitted
- Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews
- Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of on going clinical trials
- Obtains informed consent under supervision of the Principal Investigator, Clinical Research Manager, or Senior Clinical Research Coordinator for studies enrolling vulnerable subjects, and for studies involving genetic tests
- Independently obtains informed consent for other clinical studies
- Mentors Clinical Research Coordinators in training
- Performs other related duties.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field
- Experience: 2 years of clinical research
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.