Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under the direction of Department and Children’s Heart Center Administrative leadership, the Sales and Marketing Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and cultivating referral relationships with physicians regionally to support the continued growth of the Children’s Heart Center services. The individual will represent the Children’s Heart Center to physicians through relationship building and educational marketing to increase utilization of the Children’s Heart Center services; has subject matter expertise in areas of client-facing, and/or sales, or referral needs; and provides support to the Children’s Heart Center in enhancing these relationships. This position supports the strategic objectives of the Children’s Heart Center.
- Work closely with leadership to create and execute a strategy and work plan for key hospitals, practices and providers to target in outreach efforts.
- Establish systems and processes to ensure and maintain excellent customer service to referrers and hospitals; facilitating communication between the Children’s Heart Center and referrers/institutions and facilitating continuing education programs.
- Attend outreach visits as requested by Mount Sinai Hospital physicians. Keep notes; publish meeting minutes; circulate and oversee the execution of follow-ups.
- Track and maintain a log of outreach attempts, outcomes and follow ups. Ensure that follow ups are completed and revisit outreach plan in a systematic way to keep relationships alive.
- Meet regularly with administrative leadership to share information on existing referring providers as well as new opportunities.
- Arrange for events (e.g. lunches, dinners, “drop bys”, talks, continuing medical education events, and grand round lectures at target/affiliate sites, dinners etc.) by coordinating between Mount Sinai Hospital physicians and referring providers/sites to arrange for travel, food, venue space, IT, Audio/Visual, and other needs as appropriate.
- Work with administrative leadership to help identify and track patient volume by referral source, connecting
- outreach efforts to outcomes.
- Connect regularly with central and departmental Marketing in established weekly marketing forum to ensure that materials and other support are provided for events and outreach efforts.
- Submit travel requests and manage reimbursements as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of general marketing
- Event planning experience, with experience planning CME courses a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and engage with staff at all levels, including doctors, nurses, medical staff, patients, and other agencies and organizations – and maintain positive relationships with customers
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to multi-task
- Poised, professional, polished
- Ability to travel independently via subway, train or car in the tristate area
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred; an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.
- Experience: 3 years experience coordinating and administrating program activities for assigned area
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.