Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Req # 2489776
Report Analyst II
Roles & Responsibilities:
Senior level analyst responsible for the development and modification of Epic Clarity and Reporting Workbench reports. This individual requires the ability to work independently in completing reporting tasks and lead initiatives to improve the reporting capabilities of the system. In addition, a solid understanding of the clinical workflows and system set up are required as well as a core competency in the use of Crystal Reports and the Clarity database structure. The Report Analyst (II) is involved in needs identification and analysis, implementing the reporting process workflows, and ensuring that end-users obtain the reports they need. Develops and modifies Clarity reports on an ongoing basis as well as Reporting Workbench reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully achieves certification in Clarity Data Model as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
- Successfully achieves certification in Reporting Workbench as determined by the Epic Course Catalog.
- Demonstrates the ability to collect workflow and other pertinent information from clients.
- Develops report specifications based on user requirements.
- Ensures quality and accurate development of reports based on knowledge of the system.
- Troubleshoots problems or questions from users.
- Establishes standards around report development to ensure consistency across implementations.
- Prioritizes and implements changes requested for developed reports .
- Thoroughly reviews and tests each new release and communicate changes before users are permitted to access the new release.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the system and provide guidance to other staff in analyzing issues and the development of potential solutions.
- Acts as a point of escalation for complex multi system issues.
- Demonstrates professional behavior when interacting with clients and coworkers
- Demonstrate ability to understand not only tasks assigned but to anticipate ongoing work and take ownership of entire process
- Demonstrates the ability to organize work for other team members to achieve success.
- Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience EPIC certificationExperience:
- 3 years experience in Information Technology/Computer Science and/or clinical healthcare discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Experience with Epic Clarity Data Model
- Experience with the Epic Ambulatory software or other clinical systems
- Experience in working on medium to large sized systems projects in a technology-driven environment
- Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Team player who will help create a positive team environment
- Possess self awareness and the ability to utilize constructive feedback to improve performance
- Advanced skill level in the use of Crystal Reporting tool for report development
- Intermediate skill level with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Powerpoint and MS Project
- Knowledge of client/server architecture
- Knowledge of relational databases
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.