Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Develops, edits, proofreads and produces technical content related to computing, data and research for web pages, flyers, newsletters, proposals, user surveys, NIH reports, strategic plans and other communications for internal and external audiences.
- Uses various content management systems, and ensures usability of content in various web contexts. Helps to design user interfaces for research data portals. Tests software from the position of an end user and provides productive feedback for improvement.
- Responsible for start-to-finish production of online materials, from concept to final pages. Collaborates with marketing managers, graphic designers and writers to ensure user friendly and/or appropriate biomedical computing, data and research content, ease of navigation and to ensure new or modified content is appropriately correlated to other parts of the web site and other digital entities.
- Collaborates with marketing, senior leadership, researchers and other stakeholders on content revisions and edits to ensure that they are approved prior to publication and meets project publication timelines.
- Designs and creates digital graphics and visuals for presentations, social media, and web content.
- Uses best practices when setting up sites, taxonomy mapping, etc. to get the most out of the content management system.
- Keeps abreast of the best practices in web page design, usability and content development.
- Assist in the development and collection of metrics as a component of communications and benchmark for improvement.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor's Degree in English or science, or similar program with a strong background in computers or equivalent education or experience; advanced degree preferred
- 4+ years experience (higher preferred) in technical content development and management, web design, editing and user interface/experience.
- Must work productively as part of a team. Understanding of best practices in communications and user engagement and partnership with researchers and clinicians using academic research medical computing/data facilities.
- Experience writing technical content for webpages, strategic plans, presentations, newsletters and NIH reports/proposals. Effective communication skills with researchers, clinicians and senior leadership. Highly-resourceful collaborative team player with the ability to solve problems, propose solutions, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Must be reliable, creative, flexible and self-motivated. Experience in a scientific research environment required; biomedical/healthcare environment preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong technical writer with experience in technical (computational and data science) communication and content development in a collaborative biomedical research environment.