Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Patient Coordinator I greets and establishes first contact with patients, or performs in a call center capacity. Confirms and updates patient demographics and verifies insurance as necessary to ensure that patients have appropriate insurance for physician they are seeing
- Answer 70-100 patient calls per day in a fast paced call center.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service and soft skills
- Maintain impeccable attendance
- Greet patients via telephone and schedule appointments while simultaneously updating their insurance/demographics in the patient medical record
- Communicate with appropriate front end staff an report any escalations to ensure the patient has a positive experience during the scheduling process
- Collect or retrieve referrals or insurance authorizations as required
- May schedule patient for follow-up appointment as needed
- Provide patient with guidelines for requesting medical records if necessary
- Ensure that patients are appropriately scheduled for the physician they are seeing and that they have a clear understanding of location
- Follow all HIPAA and any other governmental or state agency requirements regarding the appropriate handling of PHI documents
- May initiate reminder phones calls for appointments
- May perform additional tasks within the call center
- Education: High School graduate/GED
- Experience: Minimum one year call center related experience (high call volume environment)
- Experience with patient scheduling preferred
- Must have a minimum of one week training on-site, which will be provided by practice
- Hospital scheduling and registration systems including, but not limited to, Epic, IDX, Cerner, RIS, Eagle, ECW
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Outlook
- Patient-based customer service and soft skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.