Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department of Social Work (MSH) - Req Number: 2493650
Job Title: Associate Director (Health Home)
The role of the two Care Management Agency (CMA) Associate Directors in the Health Home is to provide leadership and supervision for a group of Social Work Program Coordinators who supervise social workers and bachelor’s level care coordinators within MSHP Care Management’s Health Home. Program coordinators oversee frontline staff that provides complex care coordination for patients on both a short-term and long-term basis. The CMA Associate Director plays a critical role in the successful operation of MSHP Care Management’s Health Home through the provision of supervision to mid-level supervisors and overall leadership in regards to program management, service delivery, billing and quality control across a variety of different work settings and practices within care management.
This position will be based at in Manhattan at 320 East 94th Street.
• Provide professional and administrative leadership for Social Work Program Coordinators responsible for staff providing complex care coordination services.
• Participate in program and policy development and monitoring and continuous quality improvement.
• Participate in the development and implementation of ongoing staff educational programs.
• Represent Mount Sinai CMA at multiple meetings and develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of departments across Mount Sinai Health System as well as with physician and administrative leaders.
• Significant Health Home (or comparable program) supervisory experience including the supervision of MSW and BA-Level staff providing complex care management services to high risk patients including Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) patients.
• Exceptional organizational, collaborative, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to provide exceptional clinical and administrative supervision and leadership for social workers in a key program area, which is positioned prominently within Mount Sinai Health System.
• Leadership experience in innovative programs with complex operational and regulatory requirements.
• Significant program management experience preferably within programs that are applicable to Health Home (e.g. mental health clinics, crisis intervention programs, vocational rehabilitation) including accountability for quality assurance, compliance, billing, program outcomes tracking, analysis and reporting, developing and delivering staff training and marketing and program representation within the community.
• Exceptional skills in engaging and assessing patients and families and in coordinating of resources within families and hospital and community networks for effective management of patient care.
• Significant direct practice experience providing clinical evaluation, psychotherapy, crisis intervention and case management to individuals, families and groups.