Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Development and Fundraising Req # 2493842
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, Medical Education and Alumni Relations, this individual manages annual giving initiatives and supports special projects and events for the Office of Alumni Relations and Medical Education. He/she will work closely with the Director of Alumni Relations and the Senior Director of Development for Medical Education in the creation and implementation of communication and fundraising activities. Working with the Annual Giving team, this individual will strategically implement and manage a comprehensive annual giving program from conceptualization to execution. He/she will help to enhance alumni connectivity to the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and Mount Sinai Health System. With the support of the Department of Medical Education and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, he/she will enhance the visibility and accessibility of the Office of Alumni and Development to alumni, current students and parents of former and current students. This role serves as a key point of contact for alumni, parents, individuals and students.
- Manage a comprehensive annual giving program combining direct mail appeals and e-solicitations in collaboration with the Director of Annual Programs.
- Manage a portfolio of 75 prospects with focus on donors to the Society of Alumni Leaders, Parents Leadership Society (gifts of $1,500+) and key parent council and alumni prospects (gifts of $25,000+).
- Work with the Senior Director of Development Medical Education on developing strategy to build and implement through discovery outreach a pipeline of donors for Medical Education and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
- Develop content for personalized cases for support and grant proposals for individuals, family foundations and corporations to be utilized with major gift solicitations.
- Work closely with the School on White Coat Ceremony, Match Day, alumni/student mixers and mentoring program, and the Lab Coat Ceremony, as well as the planning, production and execution of donor cultivation events with particular focus on Leadership Society.
- Partner with Development Associate for Alumni Relations on website content, design and social media campaigns.
- Work with the Data team to prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports utilizing Raisers Edge software with regards to data mining, queries, export, report and attendance at events
- Maintain notes on alumni, parent and student records to ensure accurate contact information in the development database.
- Serve as the key point of contact for alumni, parents, staff, and other constituents.
- Coordinate and manage the communication calendar and correspondence between the Office of Alumni Relations and Medication Education to alumni, parents and students.
- Supervise any student workers needed in the office throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; preference for those with a degree in Communications, Marketing, Business or in a comparable field
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience with previous development, alumni relations or customer service experience preferred. Experience with health care organizations a plus.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to learn fund-raising database; Raiser's Edge experience preferred
- Superb administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, meticulous, and flexible
- The ability to work within an environment that emphasizes teamwork as well as individual initiative
- Sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- The ability to honor confidentiality
Cover letter is required.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.