Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- May schedule appointments for patients.Take detailed clinical phone messages for physician or advanced allied healthcare provider.
- Acquire insurance authorizations for procedures and tests ordered by attending physician.
- May enter orders into the electronic medical record (EMR) system or prepare prescription refill requests on behalf of the physician for the review and approval by the ordering physician.
- Maintain logging system as required for tracking test results.
- Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and/or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, home care forms).
- May schedule surgeries/procedures or work in conjunction with Surgical Coordinator verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admissions and consent forms as necessary.
- Retrieve physician correspondence from dictation service, edit where necessary.
- May be responsible for Medical Assistant duties if qualified, such as performing venipuncture and/or EKGs, checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room, assisting patients as needed with walking, transferring and dressing, as well as collecting and processing specimens and point of care testing, preparing for exam, etc.
- May assist physicians with various procedures, takes vital signs, relays instructions to patients and or families; answers calls and provides pertinent information.
- Prepare physicians’ mail correspondence.
- Compile documents for surgical billing packages
- May maintain, adjust and confirm patient office schedule.
- Help direct patient flow during practice hours.
- Performs medical scribe functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED plus two years of related experience.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program if performing clinical duties.
- Certified Medical Assistant required if performing Medical Assistant duties
- 2 years of related experience.