Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Communications and Marketing Manager designs and implements a communications strategy to enhance the business opportunities and increase visibility for a department or program.
- Designs, implements and manages communications and marketing efforts for a department or large program
- Develops long-term and short-term communications and marketing objectives, strategies and production timelines
- Evaluates and analyzes existing strategies and creates new strategies to support business objectives
- Manages a Marketing team and oversees the development of printed material, press releases, and digital media
- Works with Senior Leadership to identify and develop potential news stories
- Adheres to Corporate Marketing procedures and style guides and may develop standardized internal policies and procedures
- Writes, edits, and proofreads content as needed
- Develops layouts and designs, working with vendors and internal services to publish, print and distribute materials
- Oversees the review of all purchase orders, contract terms and conditions, pricing and proposal preparation and submission. Oversees the administration of contracts in accordance with the institution’s procurements regulations and policies to ensure compliance
- Manages marketing budgets within the department
- Performs staff management functions including recruitment, training, performance evaluation, and disciplinary action
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years marketing experience including 2 years of management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.