Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Senator Frank R. Lautenberg Environmental Health Sciences Laboratory in the Department of Environmental Medicine and Public Health at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is looking for a motivated individual with significant managerial and laboratory experience operating high-resolution mass spectrometers. The successful candidate will play an integral role in ongoing biomarker research and exploring environmental causes of disease. Research is particularly focused on developing untargeted metabolomics/exposomics technologies in novel matrices for measuring early life exposures. The facility currently houses three UHPLC-HRMS instruments (Agilent 6550 and 6545, Thermo Q-Exactive HFX) and one GC-MS (Thermo GC Q-Exactive) and has plans to strengthen its technology base further.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Candidate is expected to be a part of the Metabolomics team, participate in discussions and lab meetings, help with writing publications, as well as be an integral part of advancing the research and service projects central to the laboratory.
- S/he will be the primary operator for an LC-HRMS instrument, performing instrument maintenance, method development, data acquisition of research and service samples, data processing, and report writing.
- The appointee will be expected to follow all safety and documentation procedures.
- Education: M.Sc. in metabolomics, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or other environmental health related field is required
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in a research laboratory
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to independently meet project timelines
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.