Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
End User Services
Req # 2495860
IT Technical Engineer III
The IT Technical Engineer III (AKA Senior Engineer) provides supervision, engineering, operational support and problem resolution for systems or an environment required to support a large, complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process. Assist Managers and Directors in completing projects and maintaining environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and administrative support for the assigned areas, which may include Citrix Infrastructure and Citrix applications packaging, Citrix cloud and VDI infrastructure, VMWare, Windows Servers OS, Server Hardware, etc.
- Tests and certify new software versions and participates in the definition of standard installation and upgrade methodologies. Create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
- Performs daily functions that include engineering and end-user support, system support, implementation and software update/upgrade and co-ordination, and administrative audits to ensure accuracy of the complex institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process.
- Maintains software versions management controls.
- Understands Packaging concepts and methodologies and may assist with packaging application for servers and client devices.
- Resolves problems and may implement, configure and fine tune a system/process to monitor system health.
- Works closely with clients, vendors and project teams to determine support requirements and provides a resolution within defined standards.
- Implements prototype systems to test new software products and solutions.
- May assist with cross-divisional business requirements and troubleshooting.
- May act as a Project Lead.
- Aids in executing testing with both IT project teams and divisional clients.
- Maintains and augments manuals
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute.
Technical certification(s) in area of expertise or specific to department are desirable.
- 7+ years of experience in engineering and support of an institutional IT system, a segment of that system or a process, as assigned.
- Must have technical experience in networking and relational database software products and demonstrate seasoned IT skills and competency in most aspects of software activities, multimedia and/or data communication. Must have excellent trouble-shooting, documentation and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of VoIP and WiFi infrastructure and controllers
- Working knowledge of UDP/TCP protocols and able to diagnosis problems via packet analyzer
- Working knowledge of WAN protocols including MPLS, SIP, etc
- Working knowledge of PBX hardware, ACD applications, etc. – Telecom Specific
- Experience in engineering/support of windows client/server operating systems
- Experience with scripting in power shell, VB, ADSI, etc
- Must have excellent trouble-shooting and documentation skills
- Must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, emerging trends and related technology.
- Very good communication skills, judgment and analytical/problem solving skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management, staff and vendors.
- Must have excellent documentation skills