Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Offsite Billing Coordinator is responsible for multiple components of the billing process, including Accounts Receivable, Charge Entry, Edits and Payment Posting. This individual demonstrates proficiency in these processes to facilitate accurate and timely payment of claims and collection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Verifies insurance and registration data for scheduled patient encounters (and scheduled surgeries if applicable); reviews encounter forms for accuracy.
2. Enters office charges with accurate data entry of codes. Ensures charges are entered/ processed in accordance with policies and procedures.
3. May run and work missing charges, edits, denials list and process appeals. Posts denials in IDX on a timely basis.
4. Posts all payments in IDX using approved methodologies.
5. May perform specialty coding and edits for services and medical office visits. Identifies any billing issues. Reviews physician coding and provides updates to physicians and staff.
6. Works daily Accounts Receivable accounts via online work file and/or hard-copy reports; checks claims status, re-submits claims. May assist in the preparation of appeal letters.
7. Works credit balance report to ensure adherence to government regulations/guidelines.
8. Meets with practice management or physicians on a scheduled basis to review Accounts Receivable and current billing concerns.
9. May be responsible for collection of time of service payments, and maintaining daily transaction record of collected payments.
10. Maintains working knowledge and currency in third party payor requirements.
11. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED, Associates degree preferred.
1 year with Associates Degree, or 2 years with HS/GED, of experience in billing or health claims, with experience in IDX billing systems in a health care or insurance environment, and familiarity with ICD/CPT coding.
None (CPC preferred)