Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Assisting with oncology clinical research projects in the Department of Genetics & Genomic Sciences for metabolic and rare diseases
- Responsible for clinical trials/research, including preparation & maintenance of IRB paperwork, enrolling/consenting patients, maintaining regulatory binders, and working with the clinical research team and physician
- Working with patients for scheduling, compliance to protocols, and adverse events follow up
- Organizing and maintaining patient folders, collecting patient follow up information
- Oversee clinical trial data integrity, data entry, and monitoring visits
- Applying same responsibilities to other ongoing clinical research & trials
- Processing and shipping samples for clinic & research studies
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field.
- 2 years of clinical research
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as the position may involve extensive interaction with patients, physicians, researchers, clinical staff and collaboration with multiple departments.
- He/she should be capable of performing both independently and as part of a team, demonstrating the ability to multi-task and take initiative. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- The position also requires training in Institutional Review Board (IRB) protocols, HIPAA and human subject research. Previous experience in genetic manipulation of cellular models, basic biochemistry and mouse models of breast cancer will be beneficial.
- A suitable candidate should have some experience with clinical research.