Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Mount Sinai’s Institute for Advanced Medicine is seeking a Program Assistant to provide administrative, operational and programmatic supportive services to the Sexual and Behavioral Health Program, SUMMIT. SUMMIT is grant-funded program through the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH), which offers HIV and STI testing, STI treatment, vaccination, linkages to primary care, PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) and PrEP (pre-exposure HIV prophylaxis), education, mental health and substance use screening and counseling, and assistance with entitlements to the uninsured and underinsured. The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and Coordinator, collaborating with the SUMMIT and clinic staff across multiple sites, ensuring appropriate linkage, navigation, service provision, follow-up, documentation and reporting to funders. The Program Assistant will also spend time liaising with external agencies, providing and discussing HIV and STI testing, education and linkage in the community around HIV prevention and treatment options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains liaison with staff in internal and external clinical areas and departments to coordinate program activities; to accomplish program objectives; and to ensure cooperative efforts are enhanced and available resources are utilized.
2. Plays a central role in data collection, entry and reporting of program deliverables for SUMMIT and other Prevention programs.
3. Assists in monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness; demonstrates continuous efforts to improve support operations and systems, to streamline work processes and to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
4. Provides assistance to staff in assigned areas to ensure program objectives are accomplished seamlessly.
5. Assists in administering program procedures and systems. May ensure information is disseminated to staff regarding program and Mount Sinai Medical Center’s policies and procedures.
6. Assists in planning, coordination and outreach efforts to grow the program in new directions and reach new populations, in person and via social media. Recommends new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement or expand existing program components.
7. Provides HIV and STI testing, client assessments and education/outreach in clinic and occasional field-based settings.
8. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may substitute for the degree when the experiences are closely related to the duties of the job.