Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiothoracic Operating Room - #2499592
Surgical Care Assistant - Cardiothoracic Operating Room - Full Time Days
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for patient care and support activities as assigned, including care of scrub areas and clean utility rooms, decontamination of surgical equipment, care of instruments and supplies, transportation of blood/specimens, and care and transportation of patients.
- Care of Scrub Areas and Clean Utility Rooms
- Replenish and arrange neatly scrub brushes, hoods, caps, masks and booties.
- Maintain cleanliness of shelves, work counters and utility carts.
- Maintain blood bank and drug refrigerators
- Check and record temperature of medication and nourishment daily.
- Maintain solution and warmer cabinets.
- Distribute processed instrument sets, equipment and supplies in appropriate work and storage area.
- Maintain and change gas cylinders.
- Monitors par levels and replenishes stock.
- Check and replenish stock levels of specimen containers, disinfecting solutions, plastic bags, cleaning supplies etc.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, understand and speak English in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual and aural acuity to assess patient within parameters of job responsibilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Oriented to consumer satisfaction.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity to perform a variety of tasks and skills in area of assignment.
- Experience: Prefer relevant experience in an inpatient health care setting.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.