Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal
Department of Social Services (MSH) - Req Number: 2500696
Job Title: Associate Administrative Director (Health Home)
Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP) is the management services organization developed to enhance the Health System’s implementation of population health initiatives, that is, programs of care that enhance the patient experience and health status, improve the health of patient populations and reduce utilization and healthcare costs. Population health initiatives particularly focus on preventive care. MSHP provides the infrastructure to support population health initiatives and includes services such as care coordination, information technology, workflow optimization, physician engagement and quality reporting. The Department of Social Work Services takes a leadership role in MSHP Care Management, which is providing in person and telephonic short-term and long-term care management services for a large diverse group of individuals who have a variety of insurances that are part of value based contracts. The goal of MSHP Care Management is to provide standardized care management services to meet patients’ medical and psychosocial needs, increase quality and reduce unnecessary health care costs.
Mount Sinai Health Home (MSHH) is an integral part of Mount Sinai Health Partners (MSHP). MSHH is a NYS Department of Health (DOH) program designed to serve Medicaid/Medicaid Managed Care enrollees who have high-cost and complex chronic conditions. MSHH, a patient-centered program, is a care management service model which aims, through improved care coordination and service integration, to control future health care costs and improve health outcomes for this population. MSHH has been serving adults since 2013, and the Mount Sinai Health Home serving children was designated in 2016. MSHH care management services are performed by internal social workers and care coordinators, as well as care managers from over 25 care management agencies (CMAs). Serving over 5,000 patients, these care managers are expected to ensure that patients “receive everything necessary to stay healthy, out of the emergency room, and out of the hospital.”
MSHP seeks an Associate Director for the MSHH to oversee day to day operations and ensure operational efficiency of the MSHH program. Reporting to the Director of MSHH, the Associate Director will work closely with a counterpart that oversees the MSHH quality management team. The Associate Director will supervise staff and provide the necessary management, administrative support, and oversight for the program. The Associate Director will serve as a key point of contact to various stakeholders within Mount Sinai Health System and external partners including managed care organizations and state government.
This position will be primarily based at 320 E. 94th Street between First and Second Avenues; some travel throughout boroughs may be required for off-site meetings with stakeholders.
• Liaises with Director to coordinate oversight of administrative and data functions of program with appropriate delegation and guidance to administrative and program management support staff.
• Helps direct operations for strategic projects in support of program goals and objectives in alignment with policy and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Provides decision support for Director by preparing materials, progress reports, and data analyses for active projects and initiatives under consideration.
• Assists and advises Director in implementing operational policies and procedures and ensures operational efficiency is maintained throughout the program.
• Advises Director of operational issues related to program activities and recommends strategic solutions as appropriate.
• Reviews projects in progress and/or at completion to evaluate effectiveness, ensure compliance, accuracy, and timeliness.
• Collaborates with MSHH Director, Finance Director, and Associate Director focused on quality to ensure internal MSHH alignment and sustainability, and strategic alignment with MSHP and Mount Sinai Health System goals.
• Supervises staff managing day to day operations of MSHH program including but not limited to development of performance reports, CMA inquiry management, IT platform processes, and DOH reporting; leads and advises staff in various process improvement activities and workflow development and refinement.
• Participates in internal MSHH operational and leadership meetings where future planning, data review, discussion of issues, sharing of NYSDOH updates occurs.
• Participates in external meetings related to MSHH (e.g. HH Coalition, MCOs, NYSDOH Lead HH, NYSDOH and HH sub committees, RMA, CMA network provider meetings)
• Contribute to special projects and performs other duties as needed.
• Knowledge of New York State Health Home Program strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in innovative programs with complex operational and regulatory requirements.
• Strong interest in being part of an innovative initiative to improve the quality and cost of care.
• Ability to review and analyze complex data to inform Health Home programming required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication; able to summarize analyses in a way that simplifies complex ideas and synthesizes information into insights.