Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept: Oncology Administration REQ #2501496
Job Title: Administrative Director
The Administrative Director exercises management responsibility over the business and operational activities of a department, medical care unit or division. Responsible for establishing short and long term goals and objectives in line with Mount Sinai Health System as well as ensuring compliance with federal, state and city regulatory agencies.
Reporting to the Senior Director and/or Vice President, this role is responsible for partnering with Oncology and Therapeutic Infusion leadership to develop and enable execution of strategies that will advance, enhance and grow the service line. The scope of this role will include operational oversight, financial management, and strategic planning. This person will partner closely with physician, quality, nursing, finance, and hospital leadership teams in order to support decision-making on critical business challenges and ensure that there is alignment with strategic priorities, or make adjustments to priorities when necessary.
- Provides administrative direction and coordination in the formulation, interpretation and administration of current and long range policies, procedures and programs.
- Establishes goals and objectives for each department that are consistent with MSMC policies and federal, state and local regulations.
- Collaborates with the division head or chairman to develop short term and long range plans.
- Interprets and administers policies regarding hiring, payroll, appointments and promotions, placement and orientation of all faculty and/or staff.
- Reviews and approves all reclassifications, new positions and salary increases. Directs and coordinates the performance appraisal system for all faculty, professional staff and biweekly employees.
- Provides oversight to management staff to ensure compliance with established practices, to implement new policies and to keep employees aware of changes and current standards.
- Assures compliance with regulatory, insurance and ethical standards regarding safety of patients, employees and property. Identifies contingency plans for potential risks.
- Encourages collaboration among divisions to effectively coordinate and implement operational activities; facilitates and encourages effective communications across functional areas.
- Plans budget needs by analyzing short and long-term program plans. Collaborates with the Chief Financial Officer to assure the completion of the annual budget and subsequent monitoring of financial status of the department, unit or division.
- Assures the financial systems are in place to properly run the department. Ensures compliance with MSMC policies and procedures.
- Implements quality assurance programs and oversees monitoring activities to meet standards and regulations of accrediting agencies such as Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare (JCAHO), Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and New York State and City Department of Health.
- Chairs department committees and participates in hospital committees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties..
- Master’s degree, preferred in healthcare administration or health science, or applicable leadership experience and education
- 7+ years of experience in health care finance or administration; experience in strategic planning and execution, formulating policy, building and developing financial plans, managing resources and leading successful teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Managerial skills including budgeting and finance