Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- The Project Manager for the Mount Sinai Behavioral Health Downtown Comprehensive Care Center will help oversee the operational and financial design and implementation planning for the Center. The Manager will be responsible for the coordination, analysis, and sustainability planning of several core areas in the development of the Center. The position reports to the Deputy Director of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Beth Israel (for clinical operations planning) and the office of the Vice-President and Chief of Strategy, Behavioral Health, Mount Sinai Health System (for financial and community network planning). The core areas of oversight include:
1) Project organization, facilitation, and coordination re: clinical operations planning within Center, and between Center and new MSBI hospital.
2) Assist in reimbursement analysis, payment model development, and proposed models of alternative payment for presentation to government agencies/payors
3) Lead coordinator of all network development with downtown behavioral health, health care, and social service potential partners
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Psychiatry, the Project Manager will administratively organize, plan and track all clinical operations planning for new Center. Includes but is not limited to meeting organization and tracking of all action items with department of Psychiatry leadership, hospital support services, architects, and Facilities Planning and Design.
d. Medical Records
e. Food and Nutrition
h. Other clinical (i.e., PT/OT)
i. Other departments as needed
2. Facilitates and organizes planning with MSHS Corporate Services, under the direction of the Vice President and System Director of Behavioral Health Reimbursement re: all administrative processes to ensure proper payment and regulatory compliance re: clinical operations (i.e., accurate Medicare Cost Reporting; new DOH location codes; notification to regulatory bodies; CON/PAR completion; managed care contracts).
3. Assists the office of the Vice President of Behavioral Health to plan and organize financial reimbursement analysis for the Center, with ultimate goal of presenting alternative payment models for the Center:
a. Total Cost of Care per patient (Hospital perspective)
b. Total Cost of Care at patient/population level (payor perspective)
c. Performance Metrics
d. Working with Finance/consultants to develop alternative payment models/new Medicaid rates/new MCO contracts to ensure financial sustainability of Center
4. Plans and organizes work to ensure government deficit contract funding for select new services at the Center, under direction of the office of the Vice President of Behavioral Health
5. Oversees the network development of potential partners with Center:
a. Sets up meetings and follows through with potential partners
b. Leads committees and workgroups, and liaises with partner organizations to operationalize plans; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
c. Develops and implements policies and procedures with network partners to operationalize partnership
d. Develops and implement new clinical and administrative workflows for the network
e. Represents the Center to key stakeholders and other interested parties; develops and distributes relevant communications regarding the project
f. Develops proposed performance metrics in collaboration with all partners and city/state agencies.
6. Develops standard tools and templates which support project work (meetings, agendas, and deliverables); maintains schedules and master work plans, and provides logistical support as needed
7. Develops deep operational understanding of behavioral health services in order to effectively carry out all aspects of position
8. Performs other related duties.