Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Patient Financial Services - 160 Water Street
Job Title: Patient Accounts Supervisor III
Oversee some financial activities or department or unit. Manages departmental finance office; performs analysis to identify revenue collection problem and other trends. Supervises the day-to day activities involved in the implementation of the Patient Management and Accounting System
- Responsible for the scheduling and training of all personnel in the use of the system
- Acts as Staff Assistant to Manager and Director
- Participates in the interviewing process for selection of new employees
- Administers verbal and written warnings in order to execute disciplinary action
- Directs staff in daily assignments and work schedules
- Determines performance standards, (e.g., quantity, quality)
- Prepares periodic performance evaluations of staff and counsels employees on same
- Orients new employees on departmental standards of policies and procedures
- Trains and directs staff on new and standard procedures
- Analytically resolves problem situations
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures
- Develops departmental goals and objectives in conjunction with appropriate Supervisors
- Communicates appropriate information to subordinates and keeps peers and Supervisors apprised of needs and current developments
- Attends seminars and meetings to keep current on concepts, techniques and methods relative to areas of responsibility
- Performs additional assignments as needed
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required.
- College Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- 3 years experience in Patient Accounting or Finance, some of which should have been in a supervisory role.
- Computer Test given prior to interview