Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Administrator for Technology Transactions
(ATT) has responsibility to review, draft, negotiate, and finalize agreements
for execution that contain intellectual property and/or data provisions for the
Mount Sinai Health System. The Technology Transactions Group (TTG) works in
close conjunction with each of Mount Sinai Innovation Partners’ business units
including the business development team, intellectual property team, finance
and operations team, alliance management team, technology accelerator team, and
marketing and outreach team; the ATT is expected to work closely with members
from each team to ensure efficient coordination of efforts on the various
matters the TTG handles. The ATT works to support the TTG as a
super-administrator with paralegal responsibilities. The ATT takes initiative
and ownership of all agreement requests through MSIP’s online portal, all
agreements for execution using digital signature process, and maintain
productive relationships inside and outside the institution. The ATT is
knowledgeable in the field of legal contracting and will maintain a docket of academic
agreements. MSIP is a high energy and high-volume office and the ATT needs to
perform all duties and responsibilities with a can-do attitude and a high-level
efficiency and accuracy.
- Supports MSIP’s Technology Transaction Group, Business Development Team, Intellectual Property Team, Finance and Operations Team in all aspects of the contract lifecycle.
- Manages and maintains the agreement request intake portal and agreement database. Tasks associated with this responsibility include: review of intake form for sufficiency, creation of new records for each new matter, assignment of each new matter to a TTG member, maintenance and update of records as needed, closing records upon execution or termination, and ensuring accuracy of all records in the database.
- Reviews and edits final agreements prior to their execution and administers the execution process from approval of final agreement to final signature.
- Participates in system administration and implementation of new technical solutions to better improve workflow and efficiency of the Technology Transactions Group.
- Interacts with ISMMS faculty/staff cordially and is a subject matter expert for contracts administration-related issues.
- Maintains positive, productive relationships with commercial and academic collaborators.
- Reviews and maintains the data integrity of disclosures, contracts, and relationships in the MSIP tracking, management, and electronic signature systems.
- Acts as a project manager for high value projects with tasks such as coordinating meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. degree required
- Paralegal Certificate a plus
- 3-7 years minimum of related experience preferably related to contracts database administration or intellectual property administration.