Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Dept- Patient Financial Services
Job Title: Patient Accounts Manager
The Patient Accounts Manager oversees various aspects of accounts receivables management on a high level and ensures all outstanding patient accounts receivable is billed, recorded and collected accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains the ability to work in a Stratified Processing Environment (SPE). SPE includes working in the TRAC and On-TRAC applications. Conducts weekly unit meets and participates in all daily/weekly/monthly PFS SPE meets.
- Oversees and monitors the staff of assigned work area including oversight of Supervisors. Monitoring staff includes, hiring, disciplining, and terminating employees when necessary. Evaluates staff performance annually and ensures that employees comply with performance expectations. Monitors the attendance and performance of all staff.
- Meets with Director to go over all high balance accounts. Also runs weekly report of Billing WIP to assign responsibility of all unbilled accounts. Attends other meetings as required.
- Monitors and investigates all inpatient and outpatient billed and unbilled receivable accounts for assigned area. Also monitors the follow-up of all billed and unbilled accounts, and ensures compliance with hospital collection policies, and accuracy of account information. Communicates with internal departments as necessary.
- Monitors, implements and tracks all Medicaid applications.
- Monitors the reconciliation of all manual charge postings into the patient accounts system. Interacts with departments that put data into patient accounting records through manual charge postings or medical data.
- Coordinates with departments on all outpatient visits, and is responsible for the financial screening of inpatient and ambulatory surgery accounts.
- Monitors the reconciliation and application of all patient account remittance processes.
- Monitors the referral of self-pay accounts to collection agency.
- Reviews all denials for proper procedures and corrective measures.
- Monitors and adheres to all third party billing regulations. Interacts with these agencies to determine the effectiveness and accuracy of claim submission/processing in order to ensure all reimbursement forms and documentation are compliant.
- Implements departmental policies, goals, objectives and procedures Evaluates productivity of staff and makes suggestions for changes in procedure and staffing to enhance the performance in this area
- Determines staffing requirements, interviews, hires and trains new employees. Ensures staff is instructed in proper customer service techniques.
- Monitors the effectiveness and service performance of the collection unit by preparing daily, weekly and/or monthly status reports of collection activity. Keeps required statistics and records for the department, or other data as required.
- Attends workshops and seminars as required.
- Performs other related duties.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED) required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a Patient Accounts with 2-3 years experience in a supervisory position preferred. Ability to work in a Stratified Processing Environment desirable.