Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Development/Fundraising - Req # 2505628
Development Associate- Gift Processing
Reporting to the Associate Director of Gift Administration, the Development Associate will work with the gift processing team to assist with gift entry, gift acknowledgment, finance deposits and reconciliation, and perform other tasks as it relates to the database and the overall goal of the department.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Process gifts received by check, credit card, wire, stock, and other sources.
- Generate tax receipts: merge letters, review information for accuracy, print, stuff and mail letters.
- Scan documentation into the database and onto the department’s SharePoint site.
- Prepare batches for gift entry and deposits for Finance department.
- Assist with database data clean-up – update addresses and salutations, create new records and other general data entry as necessary.
- Answer the main phone line, route calls and respond to inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent office experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an office. Preference is given to those with experience working as an administrative assistant in a development office or in nonprofit gift processing
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office environment
- Ability to learn fund-raising database; Raiser's Edge experience preferred
- Organized, meticulous, and flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion
- Commitment to providing good customer service
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.