Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- We hope to add a driven, resourceful postdoctoral fellow to our team at the Azeloglu Lab in the Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine at Mount Sinai. We are a multidisciplinary group studying systems-level characteristics of cellular mechanobiology using a wide variety of biological and engineering methods. The project will focus on generation and characterization of podocyte cell lines from healthy human induced pluripotent stem cells, and their utilization as model systems to study chronic kidney disease and cytoskeletal pathophysiology. The fellow will be responsible for maintaining and differentiating multiple human lines while designing and executing in vitro cell biology and in vivo physiology experiments.
• PhD or MD degree
• Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques
• Experience in fluorescent/confocal microscopy techniques
• Experience with animal models of chronic kidney disease
• Understanding of kidney biology and physiology
• Knowledge of stem cell biology and metanephic differentiation
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.