Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Produce creative content and provide design direction for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai’s, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) marketing objectives. Manage production of publications, web and print ads, signage, infographics, and social media from concept through implementation, as well as all educational events and activities for the GSBS. The successful candidate will take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs, as well as written materials for advertisements, librettos, programs, GSBS webpage updates, etc. The Communications and Events Specialist for the GSBS reports to the Associate Dean for Administration of the GSBS, with an indirect reporting line to the GSBS Marketing Manager.
- Assist GSBS Marketing Manager to execute GSBS marketing initiatives and programs
- Work with program directors to create specific communication materials; identify messaging needs, target audience, requirements, and appropriate channels for communication and promotion
- Work with Mount Sinai’s Central Marketing team to ensure cohesive branding for all GSBS marketing initiatives such as website, print materials and social media
- Illustrate concept by designing layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size and style, and related aesthetic concepts, using the most appropriate technology
- Serve as primary contact for all GSBS web content and social media marketing needs
- Review and copy edit content for branding and style
- Complete projects by coordinating with GSBS Marketing Manager, Central Marketing team, In-house Print Shop and outside vendors
- Manage all educational events and activities for the GSBS and assist in the planning of school-wide events, such as commencement and award ceremonies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art Design, Marketing or related discipline
- Three or more years graphic design experience working with print, digital, and social media
- Experience in higher education, biomedical research or non-profit integrated marketing preferred
- Proactive; good interpersonal skills; excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and other design project programs
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.