Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The EEG Specialist performs all EEG procedures and recordings independently or under supervision when requested by a physician.
- Performs all EEG procedures including procedures with patients who are awake, asleep, bedside and video EEGs
- Gathers patient’s medical history, explains testing procedures in detail to the patient and/or family members present in order to alleviate any fear or anxiety. Prepares the patient for the procedure. Views chart for use of anticonvulsive medications and consults family or caregiver
- Monitors the patient’s status during testing and notes any abnormalities, and reports findings to the patient’s doctor for further analysis
- Adapts methods and instrumentation, to make patient feel calm and comfortable during testing to obtain optimal results, the best EEG findings, and an EEG record free of artifacts
- Removes residue from patient’s scalp, dries and combs patient’s hair
- Writes all clinical observations during seizures and other patient emergency situations
- Logs and records complete patient diagnoses, technician report, stamps records and places in reading room
- Ensures electrical safety of the patient at all times, performs maintenance and minor repairs of the equipment for use, and reports major problems to the supervisor
- Keeps EEG room clean and neat at all times, cleans equipment, and closes containers of paste after each use
- Participates in conferences, technical meetings and other educational activities when possible
- May order supplies and replenish inventory
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Graduate of Program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs preferred
- No prior experience required if a graduate of accredited program, 1 year experience preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.